Sunday, September 6, 2009

A week ago I shot a photo that I've been wanting for over a year. Something was always just 'not right' about the scene so we never really scoped it that hard, but I knew there was something there that would be good. I woke up feeling good about it but as I approached the mountain I noticed a haze in the sky.

"Today's not the day," I thought, and I immediately reconsidered lugging the 20+ lbs of photo gear on top of my riding gear. I've been riding with the big pack quite a bit recently so it doesn't seem that bad anymore. I figured might as well just in case so I just threw on the pack and up we went.

After about 2 hours of riding up the mountain, I noticed that I could see the San Juan islands and a bit of fog lingering over the bay. I figured I'd go ahead and give it a shot just to see what we had to work with. I helped some friends to clear the line and here's the shot I got of Joel. I'm excited to know that the photo will work and anxious to see what it looks like when shot against a nice sunset later this fall. --brad



No comments: